Global Student Success Scholarship
The Global Student Success Scholarship is awarded each semester to a number of select outstanding students who are actively engaged in the community.
Scholarships will be credited to your GSSP account and will be applied towards tuition fees only. The number and value of scholarships awarded each year will vary based on the number of quality applicants received and the funds available.
GSSP Scholarship Applicants must:
- Be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Queen’s College Degree
- Be currently studying full-time in the GSSP;
- Are in good academic standing in all courses across their current program in the semester prior;
- Demonstrated student leadership, participation and dedication to the Queens College community
- Student must be in good academic standing and free of any probationary status or academic or student misconduct.
- Students cannot have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student’s account during their second semester of study of the GSSP undergraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study to retain their scholarship.
- Global Student Success Program reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study.
- Community involvement and engagement, this can be through participation in student association, clubs, and student leadership or community building.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview with the GSSP scholarship panel.
Notification of Results
The scholarship panel will review applications and invite shortlisted candidates in for a brief interview. Once a decision has been made, Queen’s College GSSP will announce the recipients of the Global Student Success scholarship. The recipients will be notified by e-mail and a formal announcement will be posted on the GSSP website and/or social media platforms.
Students are required to apply for the scholarship by the posted deadline date each semester.
The bursary is equivalent to 10% of the tuition fee for the program of study at Queens College Global Student Success Program. The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken and excludes mixed English options.
Note that the Family Bursary is not applicable for direct students. Both you and/or your family member would have to be in the GSSP program or in a program within the Navitas institutions.
- Family Bursary applies where two or more students from the same family study at a Navitas institution.
- The first family member can be studying at a Navitas institution at the same time as the other family members or may have studied at any Navitas institution previously.
- The family bursary is granted to the second and subsequent family members who study at a Navitas institution.
- Previously did not receive a Navitas institution scholarship or bursary or had a scholarship or bursary from a Navitas institution withdrawn.
For the purpose of this bursary, a family member is defined as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, father, son, daughter or stepchild.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas institution. The value of the bursary will be recorded on the student’s account each semester of study.
- The recipient will receive a family bursary based on tuition net of other scholarships and bursaries.
- The bursary does not apply to additional units or repeat units that may also be undertaken.
- Navitas bursary is not applicable to English language program, or any component of any English language program offered by Navitas institutions.
Navitas Member Institutions
The Navitas bursary applies to students studying at Fraser International College (FIC), International College of Manitoba (ICM), Toronto Metropolitan University International College (TMUIC), Wilfrid Laurier International College (WLIC), Richard Bland College of William & Mary Global Student Success Program (RBC), UMass Boston Global Student Success Program (UMB), and Queens College Global Student Success Program (QC) in North America.
In addition to the North American Navitas member institutions, Navitas member institutions are located in colleges and campuses across the world.
A completed application must be submitted to the Navitas institution together with supporting documents, such as birth certificate, or family card. Application forms can be obtained from the Navitas institution where the student has enrolled.
All terms and conditions are subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Queens College GSSP partner institution or Navitas Ltd.
To apply for QC GSSP Navitas family bursary, please submit the Family Bursary form.