At Queens College, your accounting education unfolds both inside and outside of the classroom.
Study accounting in New York City, the world’s financial center, and live and learn surrounded by Wall Street, the United Nations and many Fortune 500 companies. You will graduate with unrivalled experience and connections, at the front of the pack.
Within the Queens College undergraduate accounting program, you will have opportunities to explore many facets of accounting. Sample classes in this program include:
- Consumer Economics and Personal Finance
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
- Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting and Auditing
- Macroeconomic Analysis
The program also offers a dual major in accounting and economics.
Organizations for Accounting Majors
- ALPFA, the Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting, offers opportunities for networking, developing professional communication skills and advancing leadership skills.
- ASCEND, cultivates students’ leadership abilities and works to further their careers in the accounting and finance professions.
- The Economics and Business Club hosts events with relevant guest speakers to educate students about the transition between college and the professional world.
- The National Association of Black Accountants provides members with professional development opportunities.
- The Queens College Financial Literacy Club educates students on personal finance, saving money and maximizing investments.
- TAMID at Queens College offers a competitive advantage to business-minded students through experiential learning and extensive networking, both on campus and in Israel.
Career Preparation Resources
Queens College offers a wide array of resources for students planning for future careers, including:
- Queens College Connections Mentoring Program—Short- term (2–3 phone or in-person meetings) and long-term (1 academic year) mentoring, pairing current students with Queens College alumni in their intended professional field.
- World of Work—Short- term (2–3 phone or in-person meetings) and long-term (1 academic year) mentoring, pairing current students with Queens College alumni in their intended professional field.
- Business Law
- Corporate Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Government Accounting
- Non-profit Accounting
Global Student Success Program
Queens College Global Student Success Program (GSSP) is a required first-year experience program designed by academic experts covering all aspects of your new living and learning environment in the United States. As a Queens College student from day one, you will enjoy the added benefits of smaller classes where you will receive more personalized attention, and access to academic advisors and tutoring as well as opportunities to connect with other international and American students through a variety of social activities, student clubs and organizations.