A Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Queens College prepares graduates for professional success.
Situated near the bustling New York City financial district and the United Nations, Queens College offers trainees in Economics unprecedented real-world professional opportunities in addition to its diverse courses and student organizations.
Whether students choose a degree in Economics or a dual major in Accounting and Economics, you will graduate with your fingers on the pulse of today’s business world, ready to excel in the career path of your choice.
Students choose from robust course options, equipping them with up-to-date knowledge in all areas of economics. Select courses include:
- Business Economics
- Consumer Economics and Personal Finance
- Economics of the Environment
- International Economics
- Macroeconomic Analysis
- Price Theory
Campus Organizations for Economics Major
- ALPFA (Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting) focuses on networking opportunities, leadership skills and professional communication skills.
- ASCEND strives to further students’ careers in the accounting and finance professions.
- The Economics and Business Club hosts guest speakers from related fields to inform students about transitioning between college and the professional world.
- The Queens College Financial Literacy Club provides its members education on personal finance, saving money and investing.
- TAMID at Queens College delivers a competitive advantage to business-oriented students through opportunities on campus and in Israel.
Queens College Economics Majors Have Pursued Careers in the Following Professions:
- Public Administration
Career Preparation and Support
Queens College provides many resources for students seeking careers and internships in Economics and related fields, including:
- The Queens College Connections Mentoring Program offers short-term and long-term mentoring for current students by Queens College alumni in their chosen profession
- The Internship for Economics course gives economics majors the opportunity to complete a supervised internship in an appropriate corporate, not-for-profit, research organization, small business or governmental organizations.
Global Student Success Program
Queens College Global Student Success Program (GSSP) is a required first-year experience program designed by academic experts covering all aspects of your new living and learning environment in the United States. As a Queens College student from day one, you will enjoy the added benefits of smaller classes where you will receive more personalized attention, and access to academic advisors and tutoring as well as opportunities to connect with other international and American students through a variety of social activities, student clubs and organizations.
Further information about the GSSP is available here.