Global Student Success Scholarship
The Global Student Success Scholarship is awarded each semester to a number of select outstanding students who are actively engaged in the community.
Scholarships will be credited to your GSSP account and will be applied towards tuition fees only. The number and value of scholarships awarded each year will vary based on the number of quality applicants received and the funds available.
GSSP Scholarship Applicants must:
- Be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Queen’s College Degree
- Be currently studying full-time in the GSSP;
- Are in good academic standing in all courses across their current program in the semester prior;
- Demonstrated student leadership, participation and dedication to the Queens College community
- Student must be in good academic standing and free of any probationary status or academic or student misconduct.
- Students cannot have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their second semester of study of the GSSP undergraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study to retain their scholarship.
- Global Student Success Program reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study.
- Community involvement and engagement, this can be through participation in student association, clubs, and student leadership or community building.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview with the GSSP scholarship panel.
Notification of Results
The scholarship panel will review applications and invite shortlisted candidates in for a brief interview. Once a decision has been made, Queen’s College GSSP will announce the recipients of the Global Student Success scholarship. The recipients will be notified by e-mail and a formal announcement will be posted on the GSSP website and/or social media platforms.
Students are required to apply for the scholarship by the posted deadline date each semester.