Congratulations on making the decision to study at Queens College! We’re ready to welcome you on campus in New York. Here’s a quick and easy checklist of what you need to do before you arrive in Queens, New York.
Accept your offer and pay your deposit.
- Send in any remaining documents and pay your deposit and fees.
Once you receive your SEVIS number, schedule a visa appointment.
- Visit fmjfee.com and pay the SEVIS fee.
- Schedule a visa appointment at cgifederal.secure.force.com.
- Inform GSSP of your visa appointment date, so a mock visa interview can be scheduled with a member of our staff.
- Bring the following to your visa appointment:
- Valid passport
- Original I-20
- Queens College Admit Letter
- SEVIS Receipt
- Original bank statement
- Original transcripts
- Health Forms:
- Print immunization record forms and have a physician in your home country complete the information in English before you come to the U.S. You must complete this step prior to arrival.
- Immunization Record Forms (PDF)
- Instructions on how to complete immunization forms (PDF)
- Complete your math placement assessment:
- Activate your CUNYfirst Account and claim your QC username.
- Secure your housing:
- Note: GSSP students will be enrolled in the mandatory GSSP health insurance during the first week of classes. Depending on arrival date, students may want to purchase travel insurance in the event of health needs between their arrival and the beginning of the semester.
- Course Schedule:
- GSSP students will receive their course schedules at orientation.
- General Admission students will work with GSSP staff to set up online advising appointments prior to arrival.
- Pay your tuition fees:
- If you plan to study in the U.S., book your flights and submit arrival details.
- Pack and Prepare Your Important Documents.
- Add these important dates to your calendar. Orientation is a mandatory program designed to help you get to know Queens College, New York and other students like you!
We look forward to seeing you soon!